[Gambas-user] how to use gb.map offline?

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Sat Jan 28 17:31:34 CET 2023

  Hello,
unfortunately, the attach demo in .tar.gz format is
unreadable, the sistem tranform it into
AnotherMapDemo-0.0.1.tar.gz.gmail.txt and even if i rename it, it is not
un-tarrable.
can you provide attach in other way or put on a share
service on intenrnet?
Thanks,
Roberto

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it [1] [2] wrote:

>>> I started to play with gb.map component and it is amazing!

the question is: how to use it off line? I mean, my application

will
download the data of the area I need ( a region of
then tell to gb.map to search data on local harddisk.
feasible? if yes, how?

> you can download all the datas on you ard
Disk ... (it's udge because it's png and not vector datas)
> you can
achieve the full data extraction by understanding tiles are managed in
the server side (easy)
> each tile file have a structure zoom-x-y.png
so the mapview can use it
> you have all the tools needed to download
the full italy maps (18 zoom level) in the tilemap class source code

>> > Not a all 😅

Just add a buffer name to the map tile layer
>> > It will save the tiles
in .cache/gb.map/buffer name
>> > So you can use it in offline mode.
>>
> By the way this is a grow only cache.. I've not made any things to
>>
> free
>> > it or update.
>> > (Todo things)
>> > It is not allowed to
store tiles from Google or other non free
>> > source..
>> > 😉 but for
openstreetmap .. it's ok

>> To cache maps means that fist I
have to connect the system to internet,
>> visit ALL the area that is
of my interest, so the module caches data
>> locally for a next use. IT
is rusty, but it can be done, due to the fact
>> that the map i am
interested in is quite little. But in case this will
>> grow to a
region/country it is clearly not enough and need a local
>> server to
provide data. Anyway, at the moment, i can use the "cache"
>> trick.
So, here the questions:
>> A. how to activate the cache? can you provide
the prfof-of-concept
>> program for this?
>
> yep done B. how i have
to do the "caching" process? i mean, i

>> ALL data of italy will be
archived locally with ALL
>> related details (streets, building, names,
etc).
>> yes :-) ...
>> near 269 000 000 files for italia 14 ko/file..
3766 gb ? ... I'm I wrong ?
>> usually a user does not explore the
ful
> les
> Map is a too level class... you can use Map solo for
priniting or static map, and mapwiew for dynamic map.
> Thanks,

Roberto

> VOUCHER CONNETTIVITÀ per P.IVA e PMI: internet a canone 0
per 48 mesi.

https://casa.tiscali.it/promo/?u=https://promozioni.tiscali.it/voucher_business/?r=TS00000A00025&dm=link&p=tiscali&utm_source=tiscali&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=voucherbusiness&wt_np=tiscali.link.footermail.voucherbusiness.btb..