[Gambas-user] how to use gb.map offline?

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Sat Jan 28 15:12:20 CET 2023

Il 28.01.2023 14:55 Fabien Bodard ha scritto:

> Le sam. 28 janv. 2023 à 03:48, BB a écrit :
>
>> On 28/1/23 11:09 am, roberto.premoli at tiscali.it [2] wrote:
>>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> I started to play with gb.map component and it is amazing!
>>> the question is: how to use it off line? I mean, my application
>>> will
>>> work without access to internet,
>>> so I must first download the data of the area I need ( a region of
>>> italy) and then tell to gb.map to search data on local harddisk.
>>> is it feasible? if yes, how?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roberto
>>>

> Not a all 😅
> Just add a buffer name to the map tile layer
> It will save the tiles in .cache/gb.map/buffer name
> So you can use it in offline mode.
> By the way this is a grow only cache.. I've not made any things to
> free
> it or update.
> (Todo things)
> It is not allowed to store tiles from Google or other non free
> source..
> 😉 but for openstreetmap .. it's ok

To cache maps means that fist I have to connect the system to internet,
visit ALL the area that is of my interest, so the module caches data
locally for a next use. IT is rusty, but it can be done, due to the fact
that the map i am interested in is quite little. But in case this will
grow to a region/country it is clearly not enough and need a local
server to provide data. Anyway, at the moment, i can use the "cache"
trick. So, here the questions:
A. how to activate the cache? can you provide the prfof-of-concept
program for this?
B. how i have to do the "caching" process? i mean, i have to zoom to
the lowest detail possible "one street after the other" OR if i see "all
italy" it imply that ALL data of italy will be archived locally with ALL
related details (streets, building, names, etc).
Thanks,
Roberto

VOUCHER CONNETTIVITÀ per P.IVA e PMI: internet a canone 0 per 48 mesi.
ATTIVA ORA

https://casa.tiscali.it/promo/?u=https://promozioni.tiscali.it/voucher_business/?r=TS00000A00025&dm=link&p=tiscali&utm_source=tiscali&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=voucherbusiness&wt_np=tiscali.link.footermail.voucherbusiness.btb..