[Gambas-user] How debug a crash on a webserver?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Fri Jan 20 21:14:28 CET 2023

Hi,

currently I'm programming a web application which is called as CGI from
an Apache webserver. Here's the corresponing line in the Apache config file:

> ScriptAliasMatch ^/index.html(.*) /path/to/webapp/webapp.gambas

When I call a certain URL with the browser, it is handed over to the
application by the Apache webserver and the application returns HTML
that the webserver sends to the client.

It works quite well but now I've reached a point where I don't know what
to do anymore:

Since this afternoon the application crashes silently on the webserver,
I cannot see anything in the error logs of the Apache.

The same application runs well with the internal webserver of the IDE.

The Gambas version on the webserver is 3.12 and I do the programming
with 3.18. I  have to force the bytecode version 3.8 to run it on the
Apache webserver which is an old Debian system.

Is there any possibility to make Gambas more verbose so that the
webserver could log the reason of the crash?

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur