[Gambas-user] Settings.Write(MyForm) could it only update pos/size if not maximized?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:16:00 CET 2023

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023, 02:57 Benoit Minisini, <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 20/01/2023 à 01:28, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > Hey Ben.
> > I've noticed something if we save a window position on program exit with
> > Settings.Write(Me) (my programs and the gambas ide)
> >
> > if the window is maximized the geometry saves as the full window size,
> > the screen and adds a var to the .Settings variant[] to specify if it's
> > maximized.
> >
> > On Reloading a previously maximized form and a Settings.Read(Me) call it
> > restores the windows full screen size then sets Maximized = True.
> >
> > Then if you un-maximize the window is still full screen just not
> maximized.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better or could we have an option to save the last known
> > window dimensions if maximized?
> >
> > Does that make sense? and would it even work?
> > So if window was maximized on closing then on the next load it would
> > restore the non-maximized size, then maximize the window, then upon
> > un-maximizing the window should shrink to the last saved un-maximized
> size.
> >
> > It seems pointless (and i think my idea is a better method) to save the
> > windows size if maximized considering the Settings.class will set
> > Form.Maximized = True anyway.
> >
> > I feel that previous window position/size was data i wish i hadn't lost
> :(
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > Respects
> > BruceS
> >

> Good point.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

It's very good in action.

I made the change last night and already appreciated doing it. (Hence the
excited "ooh this is awesome" post)

I accidentally submitted a merge thinking I was merging to my
bruces-patched branch!
 sorry, I cancelled it. (Hope that wasn't wrong of me)
I doubt my implementation is how you would do it.

Respects
BruceS