[Gambas-user] Can't open Console or Find Results

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:10:23 CET 2023

On Tue, 17 Jan 2023, 18:17 Benoit Minisini, <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 17/01/2023 à 18:44, gian via User a écrit :
> > Il 17/01/23 17:52, Jorge Carrión ha scritto:
> >> Solved.
> >> I can confirm that if set true "Hidden" an "Transparent Handle" in the
> >> right-click menu then the panel is invisible and need to change
> >> settings in .config/gambas3/gambas3.cnf file.
> >> Now I have all the panels ok.
> >> Thank you very much for your interest.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I apologize to both of you, Bruce was right and as usual I got the proof
> > wrong :-(
> > Even here with both the Stable and Master versions, the same thing
> happens.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Gianluigi
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> I can confirm that "Auto hide" + "Transparent handle" is broken and
> leads to a panel that cannot be opened anymore.
>
> Don't check "Auto hide"!
>
> But it does not tell me how the size of the panel can be zero...
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

I don't know how I did it. A slip of the finger while mouse moving I think.
It may be a different bug to this.
My panDebug did most honestly have it's height as 0 in the conf file. And
giving it a value made it appear again.
I found it disappeared setting auto-hide and transparent while trying to
reproduce the height setting as 0, I could not reproduce setting zero but
found this quirk. May the are related? I know not.
I'll let you know if it ever happens again.

Respects.