[Gambas-user] Tranlation to spanish

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Fri Jan 13 18:59:23 CET 2023

Le 13/01/2023 à 13:26, Martin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to update the translation of Gambas to Spanish since it's 1
> year since the last change. So I followed the tutorial, creating the
> fork etc.
>
> First question (logistics)
> I see that, in the case of Spanish there are about 4 users listed as
> translators, so the first question is: To update a translation, do I
> have to contact any of these translators? if so, which one? How are they
> working? or... Do I just translate the fork and make the merge request
> and that's it?

Yes, this is the power of git. If I forget to add you to the list of
translators, remind me!

> Second question (technical)
> I find many text sentences that I think should not be among the
> translations (please see the code below as an example). I understand
> that by putting a "-" in the translation for a text string it will not
> be translated but I think wouldn't it be better if that string doesn't
> appear in the list of strings to translate? Of course, for this to be
> the case, small changes would have to be made in many places. What do
> you think about this?

If the string is proposed to translation, it's because it has been
marked as translatable in the source code. If the translation is the
same as the original in spanish, it does not mean this is the case in
another language.

Benoît Minisini.