[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.18.0.

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:38:15 CET 2023

Great, many thanks Benoit.
i've submitted the updated build script to slackbuilds.org, so hopefully
it (3.18.0) will go live over the weekend.

I noticed the website hasn't been updated yet and still points to 3.17.2
comments on the build process.....
There are a few of things I have to do after

./reconf-sll
./configure
make
make -j1 install DESTDIR=$PKG XDG_UTILS=""

($PKG is the packaging directory, configured earlier on in the package
build script)

I have to create
$PKG/usr/share/icons/hicolor/{scalable/apps,48x48/apps,64x64/mimetypes}
and copy the svg from app/desktop to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/
and also create 48x48 a version of app/desktop/*.png  and 64x64 versions
of app/mime/application-x-*.png putting them in the correct destination
I also have to copy the *.desktop file and *.xml files, and remove
executable permissions for the *.appdata.xml file and copy it to the
correct location.
this is all in the build script gambas3.SlackBuild.

the actual script is at
https://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/15.0/development/gambas3/gambas3.SlackBuild
(or at least the updated one will replace what is there in a day or so,
if I wasn't too late for the weekend updates)

Am I unique in these packaging build issues, and if not, can these
actions be added to the make install option?. The important thing is to
honour the DESTDIR path, because creating a package should not install
anything into the current x-windows desktop/installation. (unless
DESTDIR is empty of course).

regards, Tim