[Gambas-user] Possible error when doing math on bytes

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Wed Jan 4 00:16:31 CET 2023

for the last 5 or 6 years we could depend on this, So many of my code in many applications is now broken.
like expecting adding one to 255 to wrap to zero etc...
This is normal behavior for unsigned numbers.

I am going to have to waste months fixing and checking production applications.

For me this is almost enough reason to stop using gambas altogether.

I am extremely, extremely upset.... we are talking real production software
It all has to be reevaluated and tested this is man months of testing and
I just can not afford nor can my clients afford such expense.

This is a very bad thing.

Can an option be added to just turn this off, please, begging, go back to old behaviors

"Failure is the key to success;
each mistake teaches us something" .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G