[Gambas-user] Problem with Embedded Server

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Feb 28 07:58:08 CET 2023

Am 27.02.23 um 21:05 schrieb T Lee Davidson:

>> The strange thing is that the server hangs once and runs the next
>> time.
>
> What do you mean by, "runs the next time"? Do you mean it executes
> properly /after a relaunch/?
Yepp. But not necessarily properly.

> [snip]
>> but the next time the same happens without problems.
>
> "Next time" = "Next relaunch"? nor no?

Next relaunch. If the server hangs the Firefox shows the dot floating
from left to right and back again in the tab title (aka 'I'm loading')
forever. The website is partially loaded and I either have to stop the
process in the IDE or close the browser.

So the server stalls.

If I stop the browser from fetching and do a reload of the same page
(for instance in a new tab) while the server stalls there's no reaction
from the server any more.

As I tried it this morning it happened instantly with the first attempt
and within the first second, so ...

> I suspect there is a timeout on the connection count. So, perhaps
> there is a variance in delay before, "next time". And, of course, a
> relaunch would clear the connections.
... I doubt that there's anything running in a timeout.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur