[Gambas-user] Problem with finished Shell Process.State <> Process.Stopped

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:03:49 CET 2023

On 2/27/23 02:41, BB wrote:
> On 27/2/23 3:14 pm, T Lee Davidson wrote:
>> On 2/26/23 23:40, Bruce Steers wrote:
>>> Almost as much as misplacing the Not in a test
>>> If Not sString Begins "Something" Then
>>>    Print "Damn it!!  'Not' is in the wrong place and has only tested if the string exists and I will need bug hunt this! :-\"
>>> Endif
>>
>> Funny!
>
> Actually, I don't think it's that funny at all. The help says:
[snip]

What I thought was funny was the way BruceS expressed it.

> *Why does Gambas interpret the _predicate_ to be the *_*String*__**__*object*_*and not the expression?*
[snip]

Perhaps it's due to the order of evaluation.

With the above syntax, I get: "Type mismatch: wanted String, got Boolean instead"
I don't know which operator is wanting a String nor from where it received a Boolean.
But, of course, "If Not (aString Begins "Something") Then" works as logically (hee hee) expected.

--
Lee