[Gambas-user] New component gb.fltk

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:19:57 CET 2023

Hi,
Take your time, increase your skills and then do it :-)

It is really long as hell to make a new toolkit support ... and we are few.

Supporting 2 toolkits is already a miracle :-)

In fact ... 3 ... qt5, gtk2, gtk3... and quickly the work on qt6 have to be
done ... and they are talking about gtk4... arf.

:-)

And all the other components about differents technologies...

Le dim. 26 févr. 2023 à 16:14, Fabien TONIUTTI <fabien.toniutti at free.fr> a
écrit :

> Hi every one.
>
> Fltk is a wonderfull, powerfull  and very fast toolkit library.
>
> I asked long time ago if someone could develop this component for
> gambas. Answer was lost  on the moon... :-(
>
> Recently, i have found one c++ library compatible with freebasic named
> *fltk-c.bi.*
>
> *I have low level in Gambas programming for the moment, so i can't
> develop this component myself.
> *
>
> Could you think it should be complicated to link *fltk-c.bi *to gambas
> in a new component library, or it's better to develop a gb.fltk
> component from begining?
>
> Thx.
>

> Library link : https://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24547

Fabien Bodard