[Gambas-user] mpris MediaPlayer2 interface

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:50:32 CET 2023

>> MediaView will need a couple of enhancements though. it must fire events
>> for it's internal controls, volume, position playstate.
>>
> Some of the MediaPlayer events could probably work.
> State,
> Duration,
> Position (not constant, only on user change)
> Volume (needed event)

I think I have a good way using an observer.
It works for MediaPlayer.class

Can MediaView FMediaPlayer.class have a hidden property/method to it's
$hPlayer object ?

I can find FMediaPlayer using MediaView1.Children[0]

If I can see the MediaPlayer object inside MediaView I could observe it.

FMediaPlayer._GetPlayer() would make mpris work for MediaView I think and
just with inheritance.

Respects
BruceS