[Gambas-user] OPENSUSE startup message, question

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Wed Feb 22 19:49:51 CET 2023

Update:

This is an xwindows issue:

I had included the gb.gui component in the project, even though i was not using it.
without that being included there is no error on console apps,

But the MIT error was caused by bad permissions on the xserver side. this only happens on systems upgraded from 15.3 to 15.4
It was fixed by issuing the command: xhost +

This clears all permissions for all users on the terminal and allows everyone to connect(not the best).

On an installed opensuse 15.4 with latest updates it shows up as an error

no protocol specified

when the application starts.

Again this is fixed by executing the command: xhost +

I have not explored any further as this gets it up and running.

I guess it will need more investigation..

Cheers
Brian G

"Failure is the key to success;
each mistake teaches us something" .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G