[Gambas-user] About the origin of Stock Icons

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:14:05 CET 2023

Le lun. 20 févr. 2023 à 18:05, Jorge Carrión <shordi at gmail.com> a écrit :

> El lun, 20 feb 2023 a las 17:11, Gianluigi (<gradobag at gradobag.it>)
> escribió:

>> But the result is horrible :-(
>>
>> Gianluigi
>>
>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>>
> Exactly. I'm making a small "Decorator" project to get around it by way of
> providing a default icon set in advance for the user, but I'm stuck on the
> way to know the icon name (I don't want to use the controls tag or any something
> other than the image itself).

... a picture is a picture ... so in the fact it is only a binary array of
colors. with height and width.

If you want to store more info in one object you can use inheritance to
inherit picture and add your own data var.

just add a class named Picture
'***
Export

Property Name As String Use $sName

with that you can play :-)

Or more interesting

export
Property Name as string use $sName

Static Public Sub  _Get(sValue as string) as picture

  dim hPicture as Picture = Super[sValue]
   hPicture.Name = sValue

End

Fabien Bodard