[Gambas-user] Goal of the month

Dag JNJ gambas at cd-bahia.com
Sun Feb 19 19:53:13 CET 2023

Am 19.02.23 um 11:42 schrieb jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu:
> On 2023-02-19 05:02, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Goal of the month ,
>>
>> Having a module to allow autonomous apps
>>
>> Step 1 - AppImage
>> Step 2 - FlatPack
>> Step 3 - Snap ?
>>

> In my experience, flatpacks and snaps are huge, appimages not so much.
> In fact, I refuse to use flatpacks and snaps for this reason, but
> sometimes use appimages when there is no .deb package available and
> building said software is too complicated.
>
> Regards,
> Joe1962

Hi,
I dislike snap pretty much. Because it remembers too much on Windows. To
refresh a snap, all running instances must be closed. With Firefox, not
possible without logout/login,  it seems that an instance runs in the
background. I always have some Firefox windows open, research, WhatsApp...
Not as bad as Windows which forces a reboot with long time installing
whatsoever, but the notification appeared 10 times today, I have 10 days
left,  for what it didn't tell me. And the notification remains until
click on X. I put snap in the same box as exe: don't like.
If only one instance runs or there is no background job, bearable, not more.
Regards,
Dag