[Gambas-user] Control GUI (Qt5) Gambas program via Standard Input

james at lixce.com james at lixce.com
Sun Feb 12 01:43:13 CET 2023

Benoit,

Thank you, I saw in the Gambas Help that is must be declared as "static method" but perhaps that is my problem, I cannot figure out how to declare a static function.  I have tried:

Static Public Function Application_Read(stIn As String) As String
Static Private Function Application_Read(stIn As String) As String
Static Public Function Application_Read()  As String
Static Private Function Application_Read() As String
Static Function Application_Read() As String
Static Public Function Appication_Read()
Static Private Function Application_Read()
Static Function Application_Read()

Along with "Sub" variations of all of those declarations with and without return values but nothing works.

I have looked through the source code of the IDE and do not see anything special in the Static Sub declarations.

I have searched the internet for how to declare a static function in Gambas to no avail and even read through Static declarations in C, C++ and Java.

Can you, or someone please show me an example of HOW to declare a "Static Function" in Gambas.

Thank you,
J. Jordan