[Gambas-user] MediaView on DBus Volume is gbx3 in some applications.

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 06:09:09 CET 2023

I have a MediaView that sets up its interface and can change volume (among
other things)

In another mpris controller application i have made i can set the volume of
the MediaPlayer via DBus just fine.

It detects the Volume property , it sets the volume property.

In the cinnamon sound applet and in the system sound settings the Player
shows with volume controls but it identifies as gbx3 not my application
name.

Also changing the volume in the cinnamon media controller or in the system
sound settings does change the volume but the DBus signals do not get
received like they do in my own program.

Is it the way the control is set up and is it fixable?

Respects
BruceS