[Gambas-user] DBus sending event problem (was: Re: another highlighter problem in the IDE)

Benoît Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu Dec 28 18:13:46 CET 2023

Le 06/11/2023 à 05:06, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> It's got a problem though.

Then you should have create a new thread, otherwise I may forget the mail.

> I set it up to have all the same address name
> DBus.Name org.gambas.dbsend
> Object Path /org/gambas/dbsend
> Interface org.gambas.dbsend
> Event org_gambas_dbsend_MyEvent()
>
> I was having trouble getting the signal so i used dbus-monitor to find
> the signal details.
>
> seems the interface i needed to use was this...
>    dbs = New DBusSignal(DBus.Session, "org.gamba.dbsend", True) As "DBS"
>
> Notice the word gamba  , the s is missing!
>
> using org.gambas.dbsend did not work
>
> Respects
> BruceS

DBus.Raise() second argument is the DBus signal name, not the Gambas
function name:

' This is false
DBus.Raise(dbo, "org_gambas_dbsend_MyEvent", ["Test message " & Count])

' This is correct
DBus.Raise(dbo, "org.gambas.dbsend.MyEvent", ["Test message " & Count])

Benoît Minisini.