[Gambas-user] Christmas 2023

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 23:53:54 CET 2023

On Tue, 26 Dec 2023 at 15:56, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 26/12/2023 à 01:48, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> > Am 25.12.23 um 22:11 schrieb Fabien Bodard:
> >
> >> Merry Christmas to all :-)
> >
> > Thanks for this wonderful Gambas community and also Merry Christmas to
> > all of you!
> >
> > Alles Gute
> >
> > Christof Thalhofer
> >

> Merry Christmas (even if I am a bit late).
>
> I'd like to release Gambas 3.19 for the new year (as often), but maybe I
> will have to delay it to solve Bruce's suggestion about 'gb.form.editor'
> and 'gb.highlight'.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

aaw thank you Ben :)

My issue would have easily resolved if i was able to import gb.highlight
source, i found when trying i had problems like the gambas file was a link
i had to find the ../../../app/src/gambas3/theme/gambas file and copy it.
plus then there was issues with the Highlight and Custom folder paths and
the included files.
If i could have imported gb.highlight then i could have just updated both
component sources in my program at the same time after some rolling changes
and thus retain compatibility.
(that i think is good for you as in the future if someone wants to modify
gb.highlight in a way you do not want to then we can tell them to just
import the component.)

Or better for me would be the discussion a while ago we had about faking a
Key event with TextEditor, this would also have negated this issue for me.
If i could fake a key event to TextEditor then I could simply use
auto-inheritance for my .Settings property and MacroKeypress event and not
need to import either component ever again :)

Possibly like i did by making an alternative TextEditor/View_KeyPress()
event that works from a simple Key.Shortcut string so i can mostly operate
texteditor like using a keyboard with a collection of saved strings..
Eg.

  Dim KeyShortcut As String = Key.Shortcut
  ' this string can be saved with a collection of others.
 ' Then later....
  TextEditor1.FakeKeyPress(KeyShortCut)    ' Make TextEditor function from
a simple shortcut string,
using the simple Key.Shortcut syntax my keystroke recorder now works on all
tool kits including wayland.
Although for my projects (and my patched IDE) i made a MacroKey.class that
mirrors Key.class as it made easier to copy and adapt the View_Keypress
event to _MacroKeyPress

https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/tree/bruces-patched/comp/src/gb.form.editor/.src?ref_type=heads

Much Respect
Merry Christmas :)