[Gambas-user] Back-port of gb.highlight to all distributions with 3.18

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Sat Dec 23 22:46:33 CET 2023

I have run into an annoying issue many times, after updating to use the
new gb.highlight,

Debian, and other distributions of course fail, but more so even if I
build the new version of gambas

for those distributions, when I install my app the distro still
complains about gb.highlight not found.

I know its normal but is there any chance that the component can be back
ported to 3.18. and

pushed to the supporting distros? It is difficult to test it on
different platforms and beta the app when it is

difficult to get it installed properly.

When will we switch to having gambas providing  a gblib manager so we
have a gambas repository to

pull the components from instead of having every one of them have to be
part of the general repository for each

distro. Maybe never, but it would be nice. The distro only having the
runtime, compiler etc install as part of

the distros repository, and gblib just builds the components as they are
installed on each platform....

Dreaming

Thanks

--