[Gambas-user] Problem savins settings

Antonio Teixeira antonio.j.teixeira at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 13:29:29 CET 2023

Hi everyone,

I am using gb.settings to set the network configuration to an application.
I can read the conf file without any kind of problem but later when I
change the values the write or save don't do anything.
I am posting the code and asking for some help.
Thank you in advance.

'Declarations
Private ConfFile As Settings
Private NetworkConfig As New Collection

' Reading the file
Private Sub LoadNetWorkConfig()
  Dim sSlot, sKey As String
  Dim dummb As String

  ConfFile = New Settings("/home/pi/Documents/network.conf", "network")
  For Each sSlot In ConfFile.Keys
    For Each sKey In ConfFile.Keys[sSlot]
      NetworkConfig.Add(ConfFile[sSlot & "/" & sKey, dummb], sSlot & "/" &
sKey)
    Next
  Next
End

'trying to save
Public Sub Apply_Click()

  NetworkConfig["WLAN0/PASSWORD"] = "6934"
  ConfFile.Write(NetworkConfig)

End

Atentamente / Regards

António Teixeira