[Gambas-user] Print Dialog following the Printer.Configure - Method

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:57:46 CET 2023

On 12/20/23 10:47, Claus Dietrich wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that the described issues relate to the QT based print dialog. Changing to gb.gtk3 provided a very
> different dialog, which made more sense, but the printing result was useless.
>
> We are slowly thinking of a self-made print dialog, because the one induced by the Configure method of the Printer class is
> irritating. Can someone confirm this view?
>
> With best regards
>
> Claus

Will you also be hacking every Qt-based (and GTK-based) application on your system so it uses your self-made print dialog
instead of the respective GUI toolkit's standard dialog which most applications likely use? Did you try, as I suggested,
printing from another Qt-based application to see the behavior is the same?

I just printed from KWrite with margins set to 1 inch top and bottom & 2 inches left and right. I printed exactly as expected to
both a printer and a file. Perhaps it is the printer you are using that is not respecting your Properties (margins) settings.

One way to test things might be to shell out to the /usr/bin/lp* line printer utilities.

--
Lee