[Gambas-user] PdfDocument class - problem with landscape PDFs

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Wed Dec 20 15:44:57 CET 2023

Hi

Someone in the German Gambas Club raised the question, why the reading
of a PdfDocument in portrait format is OK, but not if it is a PDF in
landscape format.

Please find attached a small demo which confirms his observation. I used
the PdfDocument class of the gb.poppler component and the render-method
to read the PDF. The text appears to be horizontally stretched while its
vertical dimensions seem to be correct. After I changed to the gb.pdf
component and adapted the code the result was OK.

Is this possibly a bug of the gb.poppler component (couldn't find
anything relevant in the bugtracker) or a wrong use of the PdfDocument?

Best regards

Claus