[Gambas-user] Viewing Picture/Image objects in the IDE debugger FDebugExpr

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 23:15:09 CET 2023

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 at 20:53, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 15/12/2023 à 17:28, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >

> > On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 at 16:11, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com
> > <mailto:bsteers4 at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     That would be useful.
> >
> >     To have a "View Image" option ii the expression viewer.
> >
> >     for example if i right clicg a Picture or Image item then View Image
> >     appears in the menu
> >     and if i double click a Picture then a "View Image" icon appears.
> >
> >     both would display the current selected image in question.
> >
> >     that would be super useful i think.
> >
> >     I got as far as adding it to my IDE to the point i had a working
> >     button that appeared for an image but i do not know how to get the
> >     actual image object to show from FDebugExpr.class.
> >

> > Can i use the information like ...
> > (Picture 0x559a968a1078)  to get the picture ?
> > or is there a better way to get the current value of the object in
> > question?
> > Project.class maybe?.
> >
> > Or do you think you could quite quickly add this feature Ben? :)
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Happy Yule tide :)
> > BruceS
> >

> Do you understand how the debugger works?

not a clue my friend.
I assume by that response that it is is really not as simple as i may think.

My assumption is that as it can get various datatype values like integers /
strings /etc that getting Picture data may also be possible.

Sigh , i wish it was that simple.
can we not use the id given by Print to get a pointer to the data?
eg with Print i get...

Picture 0x559a968a1078

is the 0x559a968a1078 part usable?

Respects