[Gambas-user] TextHighlighter["gambas"].CanRewrite = False

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:56:32 CET 2023

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 at 15:47, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 at 15:27, Benoît Minisini <
> benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 12/12/2023 à 16:15, Bruce Steers a écrit :
>> >
>> > Last time you did this...
>> >
>> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/4792ca1a7e8d6c9c30a67495b4bb5b6ceba3a92c
>> <
>> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/4792ca1a7e8d6c9c30a67495b4bb5b6ceba3a92c
>> >
>> > :)
>> >
>> > Respects
>> > BruceS
>> >

>> It was not a good idea. I prefer an explicit property.
>>

> It would be ideal to set something like...
>
> TextEditor1.Theme.CanRewrite = False
>
> Respects

I will then simply be able get what i want by doing something like this...

TextEditor1.Theme.CanRewrite = TextEditor1.Mode = TextEditor1.Highlight
So if the mode does not match the highlight then no modification will occur.

(apologies for so many messages, I leave it in your hands now and thanks in
advance for anything you may do)

Respects
BruceS