[Gambas-user] Launchpad, Debian maybe?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:52:28 CEST 2023

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023, 22:02 T Lee Davidson, <t.lee.davidson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/29/23 18:37, Bruce Steers wrote:
> > I was looking at launchpad and see they support Debian repositories too.
>
> Where exactly did you see that? I don't find it.
>
> The only directly related info I find is
> https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging which somewhat contradicts itself:
> "Using Launchpad, you can build and distribute packages for operating
> systems that use Debian-style packaging. Right now,
> Launchpad's packaging system (sometimes called Soyuz) supports the build
> and distribution of packages for Ubuntu."
>
> "Ubuntu" (singular) <> "operating systems that use Debian-style packaging"
> (plural)
>

> --
> Lee

I think my search ended here...
https://launchpad.net/debian#:~:text=Debian%20is%20a%20free%20operating,bugs%20with%20Debian's%20bug%20tracker
.

Oh my god I just looked at that web page again and see I've been a cimplete
idiot ! 😕 (it must have been late)
That's Debian itself, the system, not launchpad doing Debian things ! 🙄

I apologize everyone.

Shame there isn't a Debian version of launchpad or something similar. Would
be Interesting to test the theory.

Respects
BruceS