[Gambas-user] Inserting wiki (sans domain name) URLs on the Wiki

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 03:23:49 CEST 2023

On 16/8/23 7:28 am, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Le 15/08/2023 à 18:15, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
>> The root path of the Wiki on gambaswiki.org is "/wiki". After logging
>> in, that path part changes to "/edit". So, if I copy the link to the
>> "Image Management In Gambas" page to paste it to a link, it is
>> "/edit/doc/imageconv" but should actually be "/wiki/doc/imageconv".
>>
>> After inserting a link with a URL of "/wiki/doc/imageconv" into a
>> different page and upon preview, the link URL is converted to
>> "/edit/wiki/doc/imageconv". I'm sure that cannot be correct. Or is it?
>>
>> How should that URL be specifed?
>> As "/edit/doc/imageconv"?
>> Or as "/doc/imageconv"?
>> Does the "/edit" part get automatically converted on save to "/wiki"?
>>
>> Or, would it be better to specify a fully relative URL such as
>> "../../../../doc/imageconv" (which seems quite cumbersome)?
>>

> You insert links to a wiki page by using an absolute path between
> brackets that starts at wiki root.
>
> For example: [/doc/imageconv]
>
> You must not specify '/wiki' or '/edit'.
>
> If you really want an absolute wiki URL, you must use
> 'https://gambaswiki.org/edit/...', but you should not have any use of
> that.
>
> Regards,

Just as an aside. Is there a way to put links in the inline help, for
example

Dim IntroYear as Integer 	'' The year in which the vehicle becomes available
Dim IntroMonth as Integer	'' The month in the_IntroYear_  the vehicle becomes available

i.e in the help screen I can jump from IntroMonth to IntroYear.

tia

bruce