[Gambas-user] structure and class

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:28:22 CEST 2023

On 8/8/23 12:53, Marco Ancillotti wrote:
> Now , I've made a class that is like:
>
> Public column1 as integer
> Public column2 as string
> Public column3 as Float
> Public column4 as blablabla
>
> I then made an array of that class and push my query result data to that array.
>
> It work but it need a lot of code so I would like to dynamic declare the class looking columns in results so I can
> made a reusable function with different query.
>
> Thanks
> Marco.

I still don't understand why you are complicating things by trying to use a class. Could something like the following suit your
needs?

[code]
Public Sub main()

   Dim hConn As Connection = Connections["Connection1"]
   Dim hResult As Result
   Dim hResultField As ResultField
   Dim cRow As New Collection
   Dim acRows As New Collection[]
   Dim Column As Variant

   hConn.Open
   hResult = hConn.Exec("select * from `my_table`")

   For Each hResult
     For Each hResultField In hResult.Fields
       cRow[hResultField.Name] = hResult[hResultField.Name]
     Next
     acRows.Add(cRow.Copy())
   Next

   hConn.Close

   For Each cRow In acRows
     For Each Column In cRow
       Print Subst("&1: &2, ", cRow.Key, Column);
     Next
     Print
   Next

End