[Gambas-user] Gambas packages installation on Manjaro

Gianluigi gradobag at gradobag.it
Tue Aug 1 11:35:13 CEST 2023

Il 01/08/23 10:31, Jorge Carrión ha scritto:
> This summer thing is very dangerous: every year I embark on something
> that later is not always useful for anything. This year it's Manjaro's
> turn.
>
> I have installed Manjaro KDE (first I installed KDE neon, but it was
> too "ubuntu" and the only new thing to learn was the interface
> configuration, which didn't motivate me too much).
>
> In the Manjaro repositories lives Gambas3 3.18.2, which is the
> penultimate version. I want the latest stable, that is 3.18.3.
> No problemo. On the Gambas3 page there are precise instructions that
> with copy-paste work wonderfully. Gambas3 installed. Okay
>
> I try some of my projects from the IDE. Perfect.
>
> Now you have to install those of my programs that I always install.
> The handling of the keys, the Casio screen, the writing novels, the
> music player, etc. etc... and that's where I crash.
>
> Arch has its equivalent of Ubuntu's apt, the pacman. It's super
> powerful and cool... for managing packages in repositories. The
> problem is that when installing gambas3 from the source, according to
> pacman gambas3 is not installed, therefore the packages with my
> programs do not meet the dependencies and cannot be installed.
>
> One of the cool options in pacman is to create your own repository but
> before I get into that...
> Is there a way to install my packages in Manjaro without installing
> Gambas3 from a repository?
>
> Has anyone using Arch faced this issue?
>
> Best Regards

Hi Jorge,

I'm not sure I understand your exact problem but I'll try to answer anyway.
I tried Arch Linux on a virtual machine and compiled Gambas with pacman.
You are a member of Gambas-it.org if you go here:
https://www.gambas-it.org/smf/index.php?topic=8049.msg49120#msg49120
you can download the pdf of the general process.

Here:
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml?ref_type=heads
there are all the libraries useful to the OS

I hope that's what you need

Best regards

Gianluigi