[Gambas-user] TableView: Mark row

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 00:09:32 CEST 2023

On 1/8/23 1:47 am, Bruce Steers wrote:
> they will do the same thing a different way.
>
> the first way uses a method from the GridView.Rows class that can also
> set many rows at once.
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/_gridview_rows
> <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/_gridview_rows>

Well, that page awoke the old tester in me. There are "gaps" in the
logic expressed for both Start and Length. For Start :

If Start is

     between -Inf and -1 the instruction is silently ignored

     null or zero the first row is selected, as expected but the zero
fact is not expressed (apart from by implication)

     between 1 and Gridview1.Rows.Max the indicated row is selected, as
expected

     greater than Gridview1.Rows.Max the instruction is silently ignored.

That surprised me because I thought the out of range values would raise
an error.

Perhaps someone could check the Length ranges.