[Gambas-user] The Wiki is again -> 503 Service Unavailable

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Apr 25 11:47:25 CEST 2023

Am 24.04.23 um 21:55 schrieb Benoit Minisini:

> It's the entire server that crashes because of many requests stalled
> eating all the memory. The memory of the server has been raised, so that
> I can see if it's really a memory problem, or a bug in the wiki.

Ok. But...

> I looked at the log, and it seems that the crash always occurs when
> Cloudflare scans the wiki on the 'gb.opengl' pages. No idea why they
> should eat all the memory.

Maybe the cloudflare server is much stronger and so creates a DOS
attack. Isn't there a 'nice' option at Cloudflare?

> Now I'm waiting for the next crash. :-/

Do you use an Apache? Then you can tweek how much clients and requests
it allows at the same time. For example:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mpm_common.html#maxrequestworkers

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mpm_common.html#maxconnectionsperchild

Maybe the HTTP server configuration is not the best and it allows
clients to crash it.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--