[Gambas-user] protected for a variable inherited from a class

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 06:34:39 CEST 2023

On 4/22/23 14:24, Mayost Sharon wrote:
>> Now why does it matter to you what the IDE auto-completion function shows you?
>>
>> --
>> Lee
>>
> ------- End of Original Message -------
>
> Because if I end up creating a component
> It better be arranged as perfect components work

Okay, but I still don't understand why it seems to matter to you. The behavior of the auto-complete function has no bearing
whatsoever on the behavior of the compiled project. It is merely an assistant for the programmer.

Declaring a variable or method PUBLIC or PRIVATE determines only its scope and visibility within the project. Public symbols are
accessible within the code of the entire project but are not accessible outside of the project, unless, in the case of a
component, the EXPORT declaration is used. PUBLIC verses PRIVATE is not a security issue; it is a scope issue.

--
Lee