[Gambas-user] Problem with MediaPipeline

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Sat Apr 15 21:24:26 CEST 2023

Am 15.04.23 um 17:25 schrieb Benoit Minisini:

> Again no idea. But maybe you should give full information on your
> system, the distribution you use, and the Gambas version you are
> using? Maybe it will help?

I am using a standard Mint 20.3 Cinnamon distro and Gambas 3.18.2. The
problem occurs on all my Mint distros including my VMs with the master
version. The installed gstreamer packages are version 1.16.3-Ubuntu1.1.

As I found, Synaptic displays all gstreamer packages as "damaged". If
this would be a problem, why do other application work with
MediaControls? When I try to list "defect" packages in Synaptic, nothing
shows up.

I installed all packages as suggested here for Ubuntu without any
positive effect:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/installing/on-linux.html?gi-language=c

Please refer to the attached screenshot for all installed gstreamer
packages on a Mint 20.3 Cinnamon with an up-to-date Gambas master.

Any further idea? Are you sure you are running the same code as I do?

With best regards

Claus