[Gambas-user] Problem with MediaPipeline

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Sat Apr 15 16:08:51 CEST 2023

Am 15.04.23 um 13:59 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> Your code works perfectly, as soon as the source device is correct.
>
> So, no idea why it does not work on your computer without more
> details. Maybe a GStreamer version problem, a missing GStreamer library...

MediaControl is based on GStreamer. So why does a GStreamer console
command work and MediaControl code doesn't on the same platform? I am
using MediaControls on my target app already and they work perfectly. I
tested the pilot snippet on another distro with the same bad result.

I also used "gst-inspect-1.0" but found nothing suspicious.

Am 15.04.23 um 14:34 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> In the last commit, I fixed enumeration properties setting.
> Now you can set an enumeration property using the enumeration value as
> a string:
> enc["target"] = "bitrate"

That is what I thought and hoped. Thanks a lot! However, I am assuming
that it will not solve my "Cannot set status" problem at pl.play,
because the console command also works without "target=bitrate".

Best regards

Claus