[Gambas-user] Struct with Array Field

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:08:01 CEST 2023

On 4/6/23 02:35, Brian G wrote:
> In c terms which structure are interface for, strings and arrays are just pointer that are not initialized to a value until
> something is assigned to them.
>
> When you do a  mstrct = new mystruct it creates the structure with null pointers for those fields.

To my knowledge C does not have a "new" expression/statement. So, you must be talking about Gambas behavior, and therfore your
statement is incorrect. Try it for yourself and see what it prints:
[code]
Public Struct elevation
   a As Short
   b As Long
   c As Float
   d As String
End Struct

Public Sub main()
   Dim a As New Elevation
   Print a.a, a.b, a.c, a.d
End
[/code]

BTW, top-posting leads to messy threads.
  ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----

--
Lee