[Gambas-user] UnCompress question

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:28:08 CEST 2022

On Mon, 12 Sept 2022 at 11:06, bb <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2022-09-12 at 10:37 +0100, Bruce Steers wrote:
>
> Shell.ArchiveAdd(ArchivePath, FileList As String[]
>
> would imply that Shell.ArchiveCreate(ArchivePath) is also needed!

I was thinking of keeping it simple, maybe auto-handle a Create if needed.
I think the intention of a common basic interface should be to simplify all
operations as much as possible.

I think only a few basic commands are required to be able to...
* extract a whole archive.
* extract specific files either via list or pattern matching
* list contents (with pattern matching)
* add files to an archive (create new archive if needed)
* remove files from an archive

other optional features could be...
* Test archive.
* any other more used features i have never used so am oblivious to.

initially i am building for just handling zip and tar (will probably add
rar too) and currently only by extension not mimetype.

Suggestions for other formats to support are welcomed.

Respects
BruceS