[Gambas-user] UnCompress question

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 10:23:21 CEST 2022

On Fri, 9 Sept 2022 at 14:41, gian via User <user at lists.gambas-basic.org>
wrote:

> Il 09/09/22 15:16, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
> > No that would be multiple archives all with one txt file in each.
> >
> > I mean for example a gambas source archive that contains all the project
> > files and folders.  or if in your example the single archive contained
> > all the the text files inside.
> >
> > How to unpack multiple files/folders out of a single archive.
> >
> > I can only seem to turn a tar.gz into a single tar file.
> > I cannot seem to open a directory to write archive contents to only a
> file.
> >
> > TIA
> > BruceS
>
> I'm afraid you will have to use Shell or Exec :-/
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

So gb.compress is limited to only blind single file archives, no archive
contents listing, no accessing / unpacking multiple files inside the
archive?
and unpacked filename must be already known/assumed as there's no way to
read archive contents?

seems like a lot of library for very little functionality.

Could do with Uncompress.Dir() to list archive contents
and then a way to extract single internal files like
Uncompress.Extract(Path, Dest)

sadly the component is written in C not gambas so it's beyond my tweaking.

Respects
BruceS