[Gambas-user] The profile failure (blocks gambas3)

gian bagoneo at libero.it
Tue Sep 6 15:28:20 CEST 2022

Il 06/09/22 13:49, Bruce Steers ha scritto:

> On Tue, 6 Sept 2022 at 12:41, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com
> <mailto:bsteers4 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Tue, 6 Sept 2022 at 12:23, gian via User
>     <user at lists.gambas-basic.org <mailto:user at lists.gambas-basic.org>>
>     wrote:
>
>         Il 06/09/22 13:15, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
>          > Le 06/09/2022 à 13:05, gian via User a écrit :
>          >> Il 06/09/22 11:16, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
>          >>> Can you send me your project so that I can use it to debug?
>          >>>
>          >>> --
>          >>> Benoît Minisini.
>          >>
>          >>
>          >> Hi Benoit,
>          >>
>          >> I am afraid that with Gnome profiling with the IDE in GTK
>         does not
>          >> work with any project.
>          >> Why don't you send me a project that works for you and tell
>         me what to
>          >> do?
>          >>
>          >> Regards
>          >> Gianluigi
>          >>
>          >
>          > I have no problem with profiling the IDE with GTK on my computer.
>          >

>         I understood that, send me a little project that works for you
>         and if it
>         doesn't work for me, tell me what to do.
>

>     But Gian if you have problems with any gtk project and Ben has
>     problems with none then what good will sending you a project do?
>     My guess it will work on Bens but not on yours.
>

>     Wasn't a profiler bug recently fixed?  is the fix not in stable
>     version yet as Angel is on 3.17.3 stable ?
>

> The bug is not fixed for me on 3.17.90
> running IDE with QT the profiler works okay ,
> gtk just freezes IDE
>
> BruceS

Hi Bruce,

To be precise, all desktops based on GTK libraries experience the same
IDE malfunction with profiling.
The malfunction does not happen only if the IDE is launched with the QT
libraries.

This happens with both stable and master versions.

You can wait as long as you want, nothing happens, and eventually you
have to force close to exit.

Regards
Gianluigi