[Gambas-user] Screen.class could do with "TotalWidth" or something

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:29:35 CET 2022

I've just been investigating Screen.class with 2 monitors connected.

It seems if my primary monitor is to the left of the secondary I get this
info from Screen.class

Screen.X = 0
Screen.Width = Primary width
(no information about secondary display)

If the primary is to the right then i get this..
Screen.X = secondary screen width
Screen.Width = primary screen width

so seeing Screen.X is the width of the other monitor i can see i have 2
monitors and i can move the window over to the other screen.
(i did not try but i assume Form.Move() will use a negative number)

even if i have to use X11.MoveWindow at least i can use the fact Screen.X
is not zero to detect a secondary monitor to the left.

It would be great to get better info about another monitor if the primary
is on the left though.

Maybe something like a Screen.TotalWidth or Screen.ExtendedWidth could be
something that refers to a larger overall usable display size not just the
monitor width? then we can detect a secondary on the right as well.

Respects
BruceS