[Gambas-user] GB_PCODE_VERSION doesn't seem to work anymore.

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu Oct 20 15:37:08 CEST 2022

Le 20/10/2022 à 13:43, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> So i just loaded a system with an older gambas and found the following...
>
> 1. My programs compiled on dev gambas with the PCODE set to 3.8 that
> used to work fine now do not on an older gambas.
> (one complained about Args.class bytecode, Args.class is imported into
> the source folder so i assume the error was ARGS binary in the .gambas
> folder)
>
> 2. When loading them into gambas on those systems to recompile the once
> set Environment="GB_PCODE_VERSION=3.8" had disappeared (Can it save in
> .project still as well as the new .settings for backward compatibility?).
>
> 3. they compiled okay and then worked on the older gambas but that
> defeated the purpose of GB_PCODE_VERSION
>
> Respects
> BruceS

The contents of ".project" file is not public, it can change at any moment.

In the development version, the bytecode version option is now stored in
the 'ForceBytecodeVersion' option.

The environment variable defined in the debugger option has no effect
anymore (it is not used by the compiler, but by the interpreter only).

Benoît Minisini.