[Gambas-user] Wrong Date Language in Gambas WebPages (gb.web)

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Fri Oct 14 14:30:12 CEST 2022

Le 14/10/2022 à 14:22, Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> Le 14/10/2022 à 13:59, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
>> Hi
>> Recently Hans sent me a note that the output of
>>
>> <h2><%=Format(Now, "dd. mmmm yyyy")%></h2>
>>
>> inside a Gambas WegPage application (using gb.web
>> andgb.util.web)provides anEnglish date format
>> ("12. October 2022") instead of German. I can confirm this.
>> Is there a way tolocalize this without writing a
>> sub-routine or usingJava-Script?
>>
>> If not, could this be fixed?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Claus
>>
>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> The language set by the application is normally the language requested
> by your browser in its HTTP requests.
>
> Can you check that it requests the German language?

Oops, sorry, I was wrong, this is not automatic.

You ave to explicitly do that if you want your application to follow the
browser language:

System.Language = Request.Language

Otherwise, the default locale provided by the environment of the HTTP
server that run the Gambas CGI script is used.

Benoît Minisini.