[Gambas-user] an observation on window placement with multiple screens

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:03:47 CEST 2022

I want to handle it first hand, not after via save/restore a setting
if i use Settings.Write(MyForm)
It saves the window geometry and the screen number so i could read the
Form.Settings property but Benoit has stated this syntax may change so it's
not wise to use it.
I've looked at the Screen class and there is no ID or Number property to
get data about the current screen.

Can the Screens[] array Index be a reliable Id, so Screens[1] is 1 as the
Form.Settings would save it?

Can i tell what screen my open application is on?
Then force other windows like Dialogs and Messages and widows that have not
had their position saved to be on the chosen screen?

If not then i think gambas could really do with this feature.
It was not my experience that all other applications behaved this way. only
some.

Respects
BruceS