[Gambas-user] an observation on window placement with multiple screens

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:39:03 CEST 2022

I just had a little holiday in a chalet. and that was nice.
We took a laptop and a HDMI lead and plugged into the TV there.
Using the TV for watching films and the laptop screen for other stuff

There seemed to be a common problem for me not just with my own gambas apps
but also with the IDE.

Every window/dialog/message that popped up was popping up the the TV screen
while the applications were being used on the laptop screen.

iirc the only ones i could control were the ones that used a
Settings.Read() and only after moving them to the right screen before a
Settings.Write()
So I guess those ones had the screen explicitly set.
Default behavior seemed to be to only open on the default desktop screen
and not the one the applications was open on. was fairly annoying.

Is there no checking of which screen to open new windows on?
Maybe a Property like Application.SameScreen = True to activate detection
and force windows to open on the correct screen?

Respects
BruceS