[Gambas-user] Project language is always en_US

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 20:00:04 CEST 2022

On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 at 16:40, Martin <mbelmonte at belmotek.net> wrote:

> El 7/10/22 a las 11:39, bb escribió:
> > I had to resort to setting
> > all the LC variables known on this planet (and others) to make it aware
> > that I was in AU and NOT USA!
>
> what is G*dAwf&l?

It's Australian for "god awful"  ;)

> Are you talking about having to change the Linux desktop configuration?
> If so, which one exactly?
> You know you can use the locale command right?

I think he ditched gtk completely and went for a QT only system.

> in the gambas code, searching with grep where the word en_US exists I
> found that the file gbx_local.c has a function that searches in the
> local configuration for the system language but as it does not find it,
> it puts en_US.

That won't be the issue as gambas finds my system language just fine.

I think Benoit said the project template set's it but it should leave it
unset.
possibly /gambas/app/src/gambas3/debugger/_project ?

I'm sure he know's what to do and i bet it's an outrageously simple fix ;)
lol

respects
BruceS