[Gambas-user] only using bytecode 3.18 works for me now

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Mon Oct 3 16:44:29 CEST 2022

Le 03/10/2022 à 15:34, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> forcing bytecode to ANYTHING other than 3.18 causes problems now.
>
> All of my software that has backward compatibilty will no longer work if
> bytecode has been explicitly set.
> if i remove the "force bytecode" option or set it to 3.18 it works
> again. but there goes backward compatibility.
>
> GB_PCODE_VERSION is very broken.
>
> BruceS

I have just compiled a web application with master by setting
GB_PCODE_VERSION to 3.8, and installed it on several servers using older
versions of Gambas, and everything seems to work as expected.

Can you explain what does not work exactly, and, more important, send me
a compiled project (the '*.gambas' file) that crashes, and the version
of the interpreter running the compiled project that crashes?

Thanks!

--
Benoît Minisini.