[Gambas-user] Settings problem (crash)

wig wig at noxqs.org
Mon Oct 3 14:49:04 CEST 2022

In a big project, when retrieving settings, I started to have the error
message:

"Not an array (23)"

in FMain 2288:
 Settings["Report/TitlesOn"] = mniReportTitles.Checked

I checked the syntax again and again, but had it on all instances of use
of settings from then on, in FMain. Not in my FAbout.

The project used several libraries, settings for database access, menu
state etc, so it took me about a week to trim out all non-relevant
possibilities.

Now I have the demonstration of the problem in this small project, where
I just save and retrieve a counter in the settings:
SettingsProblem-0.0.1.tar.gz.

The program crashes on it except when I use Try in front of the settings
line.