[Gambas-user] Fileview file chooser preview limit

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:51:47 CET 2022

Le dim. 27 nov. 2022 à 12:50, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Seems a fileview file chooser will not show a preview of an image file
> above a certain size about 4.5mb
>
> Can it preview all files?
>
> Respects
> BruceS

In fact it will be possible if we use the freedesktop thumbnails system.

But it use a system who embbed a part of the info of the thumbnail in the
generated PNG. And I've not find how to deal with png meta datas.

If I have this info I can finish my thumbnail manager and allow the
fileview to display more biggest picture but also all kind of preview. 😊.

Benoît have limited the size because of the time for image loading for big
picture.