[Gambas-user] FSFE open letter

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:55:43 CET 2022

Hi,
> I've just signed this:
>
> https://fsfe.org/activities/upcyclingandroid/openletter.html
>
> Maybe it's interesting for you too.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

I've not signed this.
While I applaud the concept and intention, I see issues with the first
and possibly last goals, in particular with the wording of the last
sentence in the first.
As someone who has worked for companies whose existence depends on
devices they have designed and support, an inkling of the costs involved
in the creation and making of the devices I see issues with trying to
make it fit an open source model. If a hardware maker has to design,
manufacture and support a device to run ... anything ... it will not be
viable.
K.