[Gambas-user] CDate ... again

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:16:23 CET 2022

well my 2 pence ( do we have a CCur for your local currency :---?

first and foremost if Gambas has done something a set way since 1.0 then
it should stay as is for backward compatibility.
With the exception of if optional arguments could be added to add extra
functionality without destabilising existing code use of old mechanism.

Having said that I would have expected that CStr and CDate should
convert to and from a string to a date without any time zone conversion
at all.

If a time zone affected date time representation is required that should
have been a separate function with a more implicit name making clear it
is TZ affected representation.
Or as an optional argument to the original functions.

K.