[Gambas-user] MenuButton quirk, event inside event(gtk)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 01:08:22 CET 2022

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 21:51, gian via User <user at lists.gambas-basic.org>
wrote:

> Il 21/11/22 20:15, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
> > I think so but I do not get the same thing,
> > if I run the IDE with QT5 i get exactly the same results as with the IDE
> > in GTK3.
> > Mint/21/MATE
> >
> > BruceS
>
> You can see the behavior with the IDE - qt5 in the zipped video at this
> link:
> https://paste.c-net.org/PaulineLandis
>
> Regards
>
> Gianluigi

Yes , the only function of concern is clicking the MenuButton (not the menu
arrow) and with StickyModals on.
The 2 menu buttons on the right, the menus do nothing but clicking them
pops open a test message centered to the main window (or mouse if
StickToMouse is selected).

The MenuButton to the left is original gb.form, the one to the right is
modified code to use a Timer to raise the Click event and not Raise it in
the Button_Click event.

I find with the original MenuButton to the left that when the message pops
up (not moving it first) I have to press the buttons twice, the first click
does nothing. it's busy for some reason.
The custom MenuButton to the right that uses the timer does not have this
issue.

and i find the issue is there when the program is debugged or run with gtk
regardless of what the IDE uses.

Respects
BruceS